Sunday, September 12, 2010

UM v ND

Yesterday I watched the Michigan game and it was awesome! There is only one man to really talk about and he doesn't even tie his shoes. Yes, Denard Robinson might be one of the most fun athletes and quarterbacks to watch in college football right now, and although I might have a bias towards him, I think my statement has some truth to it. The man has rushed for over 500 yards and passed for over 500 yards in just two games. Maybe people though it was a fluke last week because of their weaker opponent of UConn, but this week I think he proved all his critics wrong. I do have to say I have some concerns (I will address these in a minute), but he is one great athlete to accomplish numbers like this. Yes, Notre Dame did lose their starting quarterback for basically the first half, but depth is part of the game and it showed that the backup quarterbacks for Notre Dame were not ready.

Although Robinson had a great two games, I have a few concerns that might come up alter in the season when Michigan starts its Big 10 battles. First, I dont think his body will be able to take the beatings all season long. Unlike many other quarterbacks, Robinson does get hit a lot after his runs. They are not always the hardest hits, but after a while I think they will take a toll on his body. I am also worried that one day he is going to get hit so hard he wont be playing for a few games. Another concern is his conditioning. He seems like a stellar athlete and I know he runs track but can he keep this energy and stamina up for the entire season? I am not sure and it will be a great achievement if he can (as long as he is healthy as well) but its just human nature to begin to tire at least 3/4 way through the season. Finally, I am still not convinced Michigan football has turned around. Although the last two games were great wins, if a team somehow figures out how to stop Robinson's feet, his throwing game was a little more shaky yesterday which shows me hes not a complete quarterback yet. Also Michigan's secondary yesterday was burned three times, and could have been worse if Christ played all game. I am specifically recalling when ND's tight end beet everybody up the field for a 91 yard touch down. The safety's and corners can just stop running when the player they are guarding keeps running. So clearly there is a lot of work to be done in Michigan's pass defense.

I am glad we won, and the next two games, (UMass and Bowling Green) should be wins, but again these teams are not to be taken lightly. I hope the winning continues and Michigan will have a great season GO BLUE!

On another note, the NFL finally has begun and I cant wait for the season to finally get underway today. the saints game was bad, and not very fun to watch although it was still awesome that the NFL started. I hope the Giants don't disappoint too much, but today's game against the panthers will be a good first test and they better have a chip on their shoulder for how poorly they played last year against the panthers and got blown out. That better be a reason to play out of their mind. GO GIANTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment