Saturday, September 11, 2010

I will always remember...

First I want to say God Bless America. I am certainly no supporter of the ever lasting war in the Middle East but I am proud of our bounce back from 9/11/2001. I remember that day vividly, as I'm sure most people do. I was in 8th grade and I had just started at a new private school (which I hated and left after 1 year). But I was in history class when rumors began and before I knew it we were being funneled into the gymnasium in order to listen to our principal tell us what was going on. Afterward we were able to watch a little of the live news coverage on a TV that was placed in the gymnasium for anyone who was interested or worried (basically everybody). I also remember coming home from school and the upper part of my road being closed off. I thought it was due to construction but i didn't link the view of my street that pointed toward the city to be a hot spot for on lookers. Let me just say, I lived about 20 miles from Manhattan and about a quarter-mile up the street from my house is a view of Manhattan. On 9/11/2001, the view near my house was littered with people who wanted to watch the towers aftermaths. I watched as smoke poured into the sky and although I never saw either tower collapse, it was a site to never forget. I will always remember...

No comments:

Post a Comment